Are we really free ?
In my last class, I prepared a presentation trying to explain that human beings aren’t really free as they are meant to be.
To support my argument I used the thoughts of 3 philosophers: Rousseau, Foucault and Hobbes.
According to Hobbes, laws and principles should be determinate in order to avoid problems and wars. He also described people as selfish.
Rousseau said that humans were good beings but society destroyed them and transform them into bad beings. Education was important to from free citizens.
Foucault in certain way said that humans weren’t free because they were control by society.
Now, I think that even thought we are called free, we aren't. We can’t be or do what we really want. Since we are kids, we are shaped as society wants to. We are thought to follow certain traditions and customs. We must obey rules impose by our parents, society and the government because if we do not follow them, we are penalized. Our lives are controlled by restrictions. We say we are free but analyzing carefully, are we really free?


1 comentarios:
Gaby! I want to congratulate you!. You have showed dedication to the class and to the activities that I have asked you to do.
It is good that you are actually following the philosophical journal as planned.
Just one comment, make sure to include the bibliography for each one of the pictures you upload, that is very immportant even if it is not common in other bloggers.
I cannot wait to see your comments on existentialism. Who knows what Gaby would comment on this theory?
I would like you to try something... why dont you read "El extranjero" by Albert Camus, and then upload your comments to your blog? Im sure your readers are gonna like it.
Charlie.
btw 100.
Publicar un comentario