Shopping and more shopping
Have you ever seen thoose girls that spend all her money in clothes, cellphones and other material things? Well, I haven’t. While I was in class, we watched a video about a girl who stop eating just because she wanted to collect enough money to buy a purse. In my opinion I think this is a stupid idea but for other others it doesn’t. But what does this has to do with philosophy after all? Well, materialism.
Materialism is a theory that establishes that the only thing that really exists is matter. All things are composed of material.
The definition I was applying at the beginning was the one that focus only on material things or possessions and that we can become obsessed by a desire to obtain them.
Materialism is a theory that establishes that the only thing that really exists is matter. All things are composed of material.
The definition I was applying at the beginning was the one that focus only on material things or possessions and that we can become obsessed by a desire to obtain them.
My classmates explain us that society believes more in the first definition than the second one. So, we may conclude we live on a materialistic society that prefers spending and wasting money on stuff they don’t really need. I think they are telling us the truth, because our world spends a lot in material things and there are a lot of people dying of hunger and poverty while others just waste money with out thinking in others.
Suscribirse a:
Enviar comentarios (Atom)



6 comentarios:
I believe we believe in a material world, simply because we give many importance to things that we can touch, seen, smelled, etc. The media has been telling us that if we love somebody we have to prove it with chocolates, If we want to feel good we have to buy that dress... The difference comes when we understand that happiness, love , self respect, loyalty, etc can´t be purchased in a store.
great¡
I believe we live in a material world, because we give many importance to things that we can touch, seen, smelled, etc. The media has been telling us that if we love somebody we have to prove it with chocolates, If we want to feel good we have to buy that dress... The difference comes when we understand that happiness, love , self respect, loyalty, etc can´t be purchased in a store.
great¡
this is the good one sorry
I think that nowdays we are too worried about what people thinks about us. We are always triying to impress or at least to be acepted. In my casa, I think I do things like this just to feel good. I know that for some people this is stupid, because you waste a lot of money in things that you just don't need, but I think I do.
Anyway, I think that you must be in balance, whitout exceede on what we buy, and If we dont't care about this things its ok! xD
First of all, I LOVEEEE YOUR BLOG! it is soooooooooo pretty. I read all your post and I like them a lot. And regarding to this specific post, I think it is interesting how marketing and shooping drive us crazy.
Gabriela Maldonado
It is true; we live in a crazy materialistic world. I think that we need to give less importance to things that we want to buy because they make us "happy", but I will traduce it to " make us feel satisfactory". But if we suprime all these things like : cars, cellphones, expensive clothes, etc, and we imagine living in a culture were the most important is the care of the others, live in harmony, smile every day and do not care about "how do i look", "how does he/she look", "what do I have" , we surely be linving more peacefully.
Mia
Jajajajajajajaja. LOVED that video. xDDD
Well, it is true. We live in a materialistic world. The sad part, I think, is that we didn't used to be like this. This characteristic of the human being existed, but not this hard. We didn't NEEDED to have them to feel good. We used to feel good when having them, but if we didn't have them nothing happened.
Of course there have always been egocentric envious people... But we weren't all.
But when we started with this thing we call "liberalism", based in capitalism, the businessmen cocowashed us to need their stuff. And now we do.
Have you ever seen a short called "The story of stuff"? Is really good, and talks about materialism.
Publicar un comentario